Green (Unripe) Plantain Pancake RecipeReading Time: 1 minute
- 2 medium size green plantains
- 2 medium eggs (egg whites)
- 1 small tomato
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed or chilli pepper
- 1/4 cup red or white onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (leave out if serving with maple syrup or honey)
- In a food processor or blender, blend all ingredients except oil till smooth
- Put a pan over medium to low heat, heat 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil and pour pancake batter
- Flip on sides till cooked
- Serve with syrup, yoghurt and fruits of your choice
- You may also try scrambled eggs and avocado.
Note: I would recommend using a non-stick pan on medium to low heat.
Using a pan with a scuffed surface or cooking the batter over high heat will cause the pancakes to stick to the pan and burn on the outside without cooking.