Mashed Potatoes and Stir Fry VegetablesReading Time: 1 minute
- 3 large sweet potatoes or irish potatoes
- 1 large red bell pepper, 1 large yellow bell pepper, and 1 medium green bell pepper
- 1 pound sliced portobello mushroom
- 3 tablespoons of pure olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- 2 bulbs of spring onions
- 1 Chicken Bullion (optional)
- 1 medium size red onions
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 1 habanero pepper (spicy; optional)
- 3 celery stalks
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 8g ginger root grated
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon curry
- Wash, peel and dice the potatoes.
- In a medium pot add diced potatoes. Boil potatoes over medium heat, add a tablespoon of olive oil and a pinch of salt (optional).
- Boil until tender.
- Drain excess water and mash the potatoes till it is lump free.
- Cut the chicken into small pieces. In a bowl add chicken, a pinch of salt, ½ teaspoon of thyme, some garlic and ginger.
- Leave to sit in the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes (longer if you have more time to let it marinate)
- In a large wok, over medium heat, heat the olive oil, fry the chicken until it turns golden brown.
- Add red onions, diced celery, spring onions and garlic.
- Stir for about a minute and then add the mushrooms, diced peppers, curry, ginger, the bullion, salt to taste, thyme, habanero pepper.
- Serve hot with mashed potatoes